Custom Search

Monday, September 29, 2008

To Host a Party

This blog post is going to give you an insight on my party, and with it you will see the ups and downs of hosting a party.

This weekend was the start of Oktoberfest. As many of you know Oktoberfest is a huge deal for La Crosse. This being the first Oktoberfest where I am old enough to enjoy all of its festivities; I decided to host a party. I ordered two kegs of beer, Miller Light and Miller Genuine Draft. In case you don’t know how much beer is in two kegs, let me give you an insight, one barrel is 1984 fluid oz. which makes for nearly 4000 fluid oz. (330 cans) of beer. We started the party early; the kegs were tapped at 5:55pm.

Many old friends and family members had shown up by nine o-clock which was great fun. I enjoy playing beer pong, normally I do very well at it but for some reason I did not win any games at the party. I lost ten games! I enjoy hosting a party because when I see people having a good time and I am the one who brought them together and created the enjoyable environment, it makes me feel great. This is the up side of a party, hanging with friends and family and enjoying the company. The down side is here; when you have so many people together someone is bound to start some trouble. This sort of trouble was a basic social “no-no” which caused one of my friends to get hurt badly. In retaliation I kicked these “troublemakers” out of my apartment. The term “kicked” can be used in many different ways, it can be simply telling the troublemakers to leave, or for example, it can be someone physically throwing the troublemakers out. This time the term kicked entails the host throwing the troublemakers out, chasing them down the street, biffing the concrete and then chasing the car like a dog with rabies. If you have ever found yourself in that situation, they you are probably as stupid as I am. For some reason after that incident people cleared out quite a bit. Because most people had cleared out of the party I decided to go downtown with my Brother in-law Jason. Shortly after getting downtown I received a call from my girlfriend asking to come back, so I did. When I got back to my apartment I saw that four to five people that I did not know had shown up. After a confrontation I kicked them out, this time in the manner of simply telling them to leave.

The morning after is a time of clean-up and recovery. But something did not seem right, I was missing some stuff. I had been robbed. During the hour I was gone the four people that showed up had taken nearly twelve hundred dollars worth of my things. This was a new feeling for me; I now understand how someone could commit a horrible “passion” crime. Maybe that sort of anger is a “guy thing” maybe not but either way, I think that was the last party I will ever host.

3 comments:

SkyJon32 said...

ya that really sucks, try to be nice and throw a party but yes i have had my share of party hosting and it never comes out right because of the drinking and people that you dont know cant be trusted even though they probably know some of the people that you know. anyhow if ya old enough to go to the bar thats where its at. no worries there except to get home and that is all taken care of easily with the saferide!

Tessa♥ said...

omg...i seriously dont understand why people go to parties just to take people's shit. what was all stolen?? thats rediculous. Im scared to have parties at my apartment for that same exact reason. im sorry your first oktoberfest (legally) sucked..hope its better next year

Teresa said...

Well it sounds like you had a good weekend!!! That's great. Parties usually start like that though. Starts great and then people act stupid. That sucks that they took that much stuff. That would definetly piss me off. I've never been to Oktober Fest, but I'm staying here this weekend so hopefully it will be a blast!